Friday 8 March 2013

Saturday 9th March


Saturday 9th March

I have spent a few very happy hours sorting THINGS into bags.  Those supermarket carrybags, bright green, or black, are ideal for the purpose.  I have bags for different ages, different sexes, and I can just imagine how happily these will be received.  I did keep one very beautiful dove-coloured tshirt, with lacey inserts, for myself – thank you Nicole Darcey… But I promise, if we run out of things to give away I will wrench it out of my cupboard and give it to a far more deserving person.

Some of the bags are already stashed away under the couches on 2XS.  We have also installed the Beautiful Book Case, resplendently varnished and ready to be loaded up with books.  And are we nearly ready??  Is 2XS nearly ready??  Well no…but I have every faith that Pete, who is racing around with many lists of things to do NOW NOW NOW, will get the boat off and away on or about the 24th.

Last night we had our lovely Flinders Island friends for a sleepover.  Steve and Margaret arrived in time for dinner and left just after breakfast so we had a perfect amount of time to chat and to catch up.  This morning Margie stood gazing out at Pete’s splendid view.  She asked about the most recent cruise ship, lined up at the wharf.  She asked how many people would be on it and we said probably about 2,000.  Hmmm…more people than the population of Flinders Island….

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marguerite, I completely understand what you mean. Bookshelves AND sorting things into bags. Very, very satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete